This work is licensed Public Domain.
Time to get organized!
For years I’ve had a pair of metal interlocking file stands in a set of wood drawers for holding files. For almost as many years, the plastic brackets that secure them in place have been broken and useless, letting files flop around at will.
Today, my partner offered a trade: if I fixed the file cabinet, she would do all of the house cleaning. Needless to say: OFFER ACCEPTED. :)
You can tell from the pictures that I’ve got a long way to go as far as quality settings with the PLA 4043D and MK5. The MK5 puts out plastic FAST and the PLA stays hot for quite a while, allowing it to sag. I’m sure I could improve this with some cool settings, a faster feedrate, lower temp, maybe a fan blowing on the work piece, etc. Instead, I padded out the values for the holes and hollow areas with some multipliers in the .scad file and everything works great!
- Measure out the clip that you’re replacing.
- Update the .scad file (be sure to curse me for the sloppy code) and export STL.
- Use Pleasant3D or ReplicatorG to center the object in the STL.
- Print (x 2).
- Screw into place.