As a long-time enthusiast for these tiny computers we carry, I try to make most of the things I can do online into things I can do on my phone or tablet. That turns out to be… a lot of things.
I’ll probably keep the technical details light, other than naming specific IndieWeb building blocks that each piece relies on. I plan to make a (set of?) posts on my site explaining the plumbing, afterwards.
With just about a week and a half left to plan my ~10-15 minute set of demos, here are some things I am thinking of discussing / demoing.
- Reading! With an [indie reader](https://indie web.org/reader) setup based on Microsub and the Indigenous iOS app.
- Including following folks on Instagram and Twitter with the help of Granary
- Replying and responding to things I read directly on my site via Indigenous and Micropub.
- Posting my own notes and photos with Indigenous and Micropub
- Seeing notifications on my devices when someone posts a response to my own posts.
- Doing so many things with Shortcuts
- Save articles to read later (similar to IndiePaper)
- Save podcasts to listen later (via huffduffer.com)
- Edit posts on my site and my private notes site via the Drafts app
- Upload images and other files to my site
- Track what I read (a Shortcut that extracts info from goodreads.com to post to my site)
- Track what I eat / drink
- Post iOS Live Photos as looping videos
- Cheat a bit using external services
- Checkins with Swarm go to my site via ownyourswarm.p3k.io
- Podcast listening history with the Overcast app goes to my site via a script and the Overcast “All data” export
- And other more exotic stuff that technically uses web apps but work well on mobile:
- Syndicating to Twitter and updating my post with the syndication URL thanks to micropublish.net
- Post silly animated GIF responses with Kapowski
Obviously this is too many things to demo in ~15 minutes. So, I’m looking for feedback!
What things on this list do you care to see most?
What things do you already do with mobile apps or social silos that you’d like to do on your website?
What things do you do with your website that you wished worked on mobile?
(Posted from an iPad mini, composed using Drafts, Micropub’d via Indigenous)