I initially tried to use the online version, but ran into some issues, so I grabbed the source and started tweaking it to handle some quirks of my site.
- My monthly archives contain next/prev links that can be used to crawl my whole archive, but I don’t consider e.g. /2019/01/ to be a “feed”, so it’s just a collection of
h-entryitems. I updated the microformats2 crawler to support pages that are a collection of
h-entrywithout a containing
- Counted replies marked up as ‘comment’ rather than ‘reply’.
- Changed the resulting image size to fit more with my site’s layout.
- Filtered out comments from myself, as well as automated comments on my checkins from Swarm via OwnYourSwarm.
- Added cropping to make non-square images square.
- Added some debugging to spit out my posts and their interaction counts.
Here are the links to the individual top 9 photo posts!
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/03/29/153239/ (11 likes, 2 replies)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/06/29/133546/ (1 like, 1 reply)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/04/18/133411/ (1 like, 1 reply)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/10/19/155613/ (1 like)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/06/09/142254/ (1 like)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/06/11/185857/ (1 reply)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/06/27/220354/ (1 reply)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/10/06/122724/ (1 like)
- https://martymcgui.re/2019/06/29/135959/ (1 like)
You can find my modified version of indieweb-bestnine on GitHub!