It’s my first yearly recap post of 2020! And my first book recap post… ever?
I made it though 19 books this year, which seems like a low number but is, I suspect, more than previous years. I tend to read a lot of “internet” rather than books
From the timeline below you can see that I tend to crank through books in clusters with long periods of drought in between.
Below is the list of books, linked to my post about finishing each one. There’s not much to those posts right now. This year I’d like to add some notes about each book as I finish them.
Here’s to more reading (and more posting about my reading) in 2021!
- Feb 25 Babylon’s Ashes by James S.A. Corey
- Mar 1 Persepolis Rising by James S.A. Corey
- Mar 3 Tiamat’s Wrath (The Expanse, #8) by James S.A. Corey
- Mar 4 Temporary by Hilary Leichter
- May 30 All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- May 31 Artificial Condition by Martha Wells
- May 31 Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells
- May 31 Exit Strategy by Martha Wells
- Jul 5 So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Jul 15 Are Prisons Obsolete? by Angela Y. Davis
- Aug 6 Keep Calm and Log on: Your Handbook for Surviving the Digital Revolution by Gillian “gus” Andrews
- Aug 18 Network Effect by Martha Wells
- Aug 20 Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Aug 22 Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
- Aug 27 The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
- Sep 12 The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Oct 3 Algorithms of Oppression: How Search Engines Reinforce Racism by Safiya Umoja Noble
- Oct 17 Binti: The Complete Trilogy by Nnedi Okorafor
- Oct 29 Dead Lies Dreaming by Charles Stross